Read In Summer & Excel (RISE)
Rise was created to offset the loss of learning over the summer. Bookworm Central created an initiative that places "just right" books into the hands of students to support school efforts to retain reading levels over the summer.
- Maintain or improve student reading levels and learning over the summer.
- Offer a right mix of contemporary and classic titles that match grade level/reading level requirements with student interests.
- Motivate children to cultivate a habit of reading beyond the school walls.
- Nurtures a partnership between school, parents and community to ensure learning is not lost over the summer and that reading becomes a year-round activity in the lives of our students.
- School and students get the benefit of Bookworm Central's research, expertise and experience in selecting appropriate level and quality books.
- Timely intervention for elementary students susceptible to summer slide can provide them with a chance to enter middle school reading at grade level.
- Will result in saving money spent on remedial programs by encouraging students to become proactive readers and responsible learners.